Is There a Monster-Sexual Child-Abuser-in Your House?
As a educator, I have heard some horror stories in reference to sex abuse. The news is full of these kinds of reports. A lot of abusive activities take place in the privacy of the home. Parents take off the mask. Be aware! Who is watching your children? Parents need to be alert with the care of their children. The monster (sex abuser) may be in your own house.
Good parenting skills are not optional. We are given children by God to be responsible for their training, guidance, nurturing care, and support. Therefore, as much as humanely possible, we have to strive to be good parents. This means that we have to take full responsibility for the following:
- Taking for granted that all family members are innocent baby sitters
- Allowing children to sleep in the bed with relatives when you are not present
- Allowing your children to go to pajama parties
- Leaving children alone
- Leaving children with neighbors
- Leaving children with strangers
- Leaving children with new friends
- Allowing children to attend unsupervised events
- Leaving fathers as the primary care parent with growing girls
Establish rules with your children. Go over them often to see if any of the rules have been violated. Keep the doors open for discussion and your children will be comfortable sharing with you.
Subscribe to Darlene Barriere's healing blog: My goal is to inspire you, challenge your thoughts, and break open your heart. Your Self already knows you're remarkable and that the world needs you, more now than ever. It's time you know it and believe it too.
Healing the Body, Mind and Spirit
Email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses AND website/blog URLs in submissions and visitor comments are STRICTLY prohibited. Please don't include them, as they will be removed.