About Child Sexual Abusers
Here are just a few points/notes about child sexual abusers that more people need to know.
- If you are a victim and they stop abusing you, don't think it's over. They'll find someone else. They don't stop until they are stopped.
- Child sexual abusers don't just become one overnight. They start with thoughts and desires that one day they decide to act out. In many cases, they don't even know why they are having the kind of thoughts they have, but over time, the thoughts grow stronger until they become desires, then one day become actions.
- Many of these abusers don't want to be who they are, and sometimes don't even know why they are the way they are. It's a mental illness they have no control over. They need help to be normal, or at least be as normal as possible.
- Most child sexual abusers actually want help in the early stages, but then as time goes on and they progress further, they become harder and harder to help, and have less and less desire to be helped.
- If any adult seems to be spending excess time with kids, or seems to be too affectionate, you need to keep a close watch. It may not be something to worry about, but it could be, now or in the future.
- Abusers tend to start with a sexual interest in the children they know. Sometimes they end up abusing those children. Other times they go out and find other children.
Child sexual abusers can be helped in the early stages, so if someone you love is abusing you, report them to get them the help they need. The sooner you report them, the better their chances of being helped.
Email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses AND website/blog URLs in submissions and visitor comments are STRICTLY prohibited. Please don't include them, as they will be removed.